Job no: 492452
Word type: Contract
Location: Qatar|Qatar - CAEL
Advertised : 10 Jul 2018
Applications close : 23 Dec 2018
This is a short term job for six (6) months in our Doha engineering office. Candidate should have at least 8 years of experience in Process Engineering in oil and gas / petrochemical projects and should be available to join immediately.
Incumbent is responsible to apply professional skills/ expertise to design, develop, maintain discipline systems/components to required standards in line with Safety, reliability, quality and sustainability.
Core Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Develop basic design of process and utility units i.e perform process simulations, perform heat & material balance calculations, determine process design conditions, define basic control scheme and control philosophy, prepare process flow diagram and material selection diagram.
- Perform detail process engineering i.e equipment sizing/duty calculation, datasheet preparation, hydraulic calculation and line sizing, safety related study and safeguard function identification, relief load calculation and PRV sizing, Cause & effect diagram preparation, P&ID development and process deliverable preparation.
- Participate design and safety review meetings
- Deputize Next Level Up during leave of absence
- Identify, resolve engineering issues which are critical for project schedule and cost.
- Assist up line management in development/implementation of objectives, standards, policies, procedures and guidelines in compliance with Quality Management System/Client requirements.
Technical Knowledge / Skills / Competencies:
- Incumbent must demonstrate broad experience in Oil& Gas and Refinery Brownfield and Greenfield facilities, preferably with EPCm contractors. Middle East experience in similar companies is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in past project involvement and technical delivery of small to medium size projects.
- Technical, practical engineering skills, ability to produce good quality documents and drawings related to process engineering.
- Proficient in process simulation software such as Hysys, PRO II, Flarenet, Promax, HTRI, etc.
- Ability to interpret Client specification related to engineering designs
- Knowledge of applicable local/ international standards, statutory and regulatory specifications
- Good communication skill, Proficient in English language both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of business application like MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Behavioral Skills / Competencies:
- Effective Interpersonal Skills to lead, exceed internal and external stakeholders expectations
- Ability to lead effective meetings and negotiate terms to benefit of organization
- Ability to work towards continuous work process improvement.
- Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate accomplishment of work goals.
Qualifications / Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Registered Engineer with valid Professional Engineering certification body as per the applicable law of Employer country.
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience:
- 8+ years of experience of process design engineering in Oil &Gas, Refinery domain.
HSE Requirements for the Position:
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety and environment responsibility