Job no: 492492
Word type: Contract
Advertised : 01 Nov 2018
Applications close : 31 Dec 2018
This is a single-status contract position at the Chiyoda Global Headquarters (CGH) office in Yokohama, Japan.
Chiyoda is now hiring for the position of System Engineer - P&ID to work at the Chiyoda Global Headquarters (CGH) office in Yokohama, Japan. This is a one-year assignment expected to begin January 2019.
This position reports to the Department Manager and Lead Engineer, and may supervise subcontractors and CAD designers.
Minimum of 7 years' experience for plant engineering of petrochemical and oil & gas processing required.
To prepare and develop P&ID and related engineering deliverables, such as procedures, philosophy, line list and tagged item list.
- To make P&ID from PFD, MSD and Process design basis.
- To review and develop project specifications/ procedures related P&ID such as "Isolation philosophy", “P&ID development procedure”, etc.
- To reflect project specifications/procedures such as ”Piping General”, “Instrument General”, "Numbering procedure" etc. into P&ID.
- To participate P&ID design review meeting with other disciplines’ engineers to develop the design.
- To participate safety review meeting such as HAZOP to explain system configuration and discuss among Client, Licenser, etc., also propose countermeasures for the recommendations.
- To review packaged equipment vendor P&ID and related vendor print to obtain design information.
- To manage engineering information in/out and finalize it along the project schedule.
- To contribute effectually toward success of the Project.
Technical Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Basic plant operation including start-up, shutdown and maintenance.
- To understand project specification related P&ID such as "Isolation philosophy", ”Piping General”, “Instrument General”, "Numbering procedure" etc. and relations among them.
- To understand project schedule and relations among activities, e.g. required deliverables to achieve key milestones, critical path for the downstream.
- To understand others discipline’s deliverable related P&ID such as mechanical data sheet, piping service class, emergency cause & effect, instrument logic, etc.
- Technical English.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering is preferred.
- Ability to understand and comply with the Corporate HSE and Project HSE Policy.
Behavioral Skills / Competencies
- Good communication and interpersonal relations.
- Listen carefully, consider logically and speak assertively.
- Work effectively with people from different cultures, background and motive.
To apply for this role:
Please click the "APPLY" button and attach an English / Word format resume to your application.