Job no: 492497
Word type: Contract
Location: China|Penglai Shandong Province
Advertised : 20 Dec 2018
Applications close : 31 Jan 2019
This is a contract position based at a module fabrication yard in China. Expected assignment period is FEB 2019 to FEB 2021.
Chiyoda is currently hiring for our project fabrication yard in China, for a Module Yard Welding Specialist.
This role reports to the Module Yard Manager, QC Manager, Deputy QC Manager, and Yokohama headquarters welding engineer(s). Supervision is exercised on NDE Coordinator and NDE Inspector.
Candidates should have previous Positions of Welding engineer, QC Coordinator or Senior Engineer.
Core Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Advice to QC inspector of steel structure or piping in performing inspectors and testing of the designated discipline or items.
- Direct, control and coordinate qualification of welding procedures / welders, welder performance control, welding material control and all welding inspections.
- Direct and supervise NDE coordinator the inspection activities related to NDT, PWHT, PMI, Hardness Test and material testing.
- Check inspection results and quality performance related welding.
- Assist the QC Manager, Engineer, inspector in resolving quality problems related to welding and materials.
- Review and comment the subcontractor documents related welding.
- Review report of RT and UT as final evaluation by CONTRACTOR as required.
- Prepare QC surveillance reports and report to the QC Manager on any findings during daily monitoring and / or witness inspection for welding items.
- Issue non-conformance reports, under the direction of the QC Manager, if there are major findings relating welding.
- Attend Safety walk through.
- Attend QC walk through and Preservation walk
Technical Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- Ability to supervise the welding activities.
- Ability to use PC software, such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to understand project procedure, client’s procedure, code and standard.
- Knowledge for welding inspection work at module yard.
- Technical knowledge for mechanical, welding, metallurgy, non-destructive testing.
- Knowledge for inspection at site
Qualifications / Certifications
Essential: Good command of written and spoken English interpersonal skills.
Preferred: Bachelor of mechanical engineering, welding engineering or equivalent field