Job no: 492502
Word type: Permanent
Location: Singapore|Chiyoda Singapore (PTE.) Limited
Advertised : 21 Nov 2018
Applications close : 31 Jan 2019
This is a permanent position based at Chiyoda Singapore (Pte.) Limited. English and Mandarin Chinese language proficiency required.
This role reports to the Construction General Manager and Operations Director.
Direct supervision is exercised upon the Construction Planning Manager, Construction Manager, and Quality Control Manager.
Requires at least 10 years of Oil & Gas, Petrochemical industry/Plant/Terminal experience.
English and Mandarin Chinese language proficiency required.
Purpose: Incumbent is responsible to apply professional skills/expertise to lead day to day activities of the Construction Division, meet corporate goals, develop and deliver strategic operational priorities.
Core Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Construction Division processes work management that includes People Management, Work Process, Information Management, Business development, External CSL Relationship Management
- Coach and develop Construction Planning Managers, Construction Managers, QC Department Managers and all Construction Department employees
- Lead, guide, evaluate and develop a team of Construction Planning Managers and Construction Managers with operational responsibilities to ensure that the organization achieves all project execution and business objectives
- Responsible for Construction division Workforce recruitment and staffing in liaison with CHR to achieve the optimum numbers of highly qualified construction staff assignment in Construction Division, including site
- Responsible in monitoring and controlling dispensing of Division’s budget is within the approved budget.
- Establish and apply career path development and succession planning program for Construction division personnel
- Establish and Apply appropriate training programs along with each career path development plan for each Construction department personnel.
<Site HSES Management>
- Demonstrates an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental and security responsibility at construction site
- Ensures that company and project Safety Key Performance Indicators are established and achieved
- Develop and maintain effective Client, Vendor and Subcontractor relations
- Leads meetings with Client, Vendors and Subcontractors as appropriate, and attends periodic Progress Meetings including those at site as maybe required from time to time.
- Develop and maintain effective relation with the other CSL Divisions General Managers
- Develop and maintain effective relation with CSL Operation Directors and their Committee
<Division Work Execution>
- Oversees, reviews and directs the actions of Construction Division
- Lead/ manage customers relationships and encourage Construction division employees to be customer driven
- Establish, develop and implement of Construction Division/Department Execution Procedures, which shows standards, policies, procedures and guideline of Division/Department’s work process
- Support to establish, development and implementation of Construction Site Procedures by Construction Manager, which shows standards, policies, procedures and guideline of Construction site work process
- Reviews / approves the work procedures, schedules prepared by Construction Division
- Responsible for implementing procedures, processes to maximize billing for the Construction Division and other Departments supporting reimbursable projects
- Assures performance and quality of Project deliverables, in accordance with the client’s specifications, contractual terms and conditions
- Participates, when required, in finalizing formal contract agreements
- Participates, when required, in sales presentation meetings with prospective customers and provides proposal development assistance
- Coordinate with the other Department Managers to support the proper Project deliverables production, such as procedures, schedules, site organization, constructability study report, as required by project within the budgeted MH and schedule, in accordance with the client’s specifications, contractual terms and conditions
- Coordinate with the other Department Managers to support the proper site construction work execution
- Supervise all Site Construction Managers in managing the construction interfaces with various RFS/Project Sites, Company Representatives, Projects Department, Sub-Contractors, third parties and other teams
- Responsible for recording all completed projects data including the data from site, such as productivity, unit price, subcontractor/staffs evaluation, Lessons Learned items of tender and execution both, to be reported from Construction Planning Managers and Construction Manager
- Produce the proper Project deliverables for tendering, such as construction requisitions, schedules, constructability study report for tendering, TBE/CBE, technical proposal narratives, as required by project, in accordance with the client’s ITB and Project strategy
- Monitor each site latest status of HSES, progress, resource requirement and area of concern and take necessary action to maintain site work safe and effective execution through Construction Manager
- Reviews all Weekly / Monthly Progress Reports, Minutes of Meetings with all project teams and other parties including from site, for submittal of CSL Monthly Department Report.
- Plan and report monthly staff man-loading / forecast schedule
- Ensures appropriate QA Audits on Contractor’s / Sub-Contractor’s Construction Systems and Procedures
- Take necessary action to meet Corporate QA Compliance activity
- Development of construction systems including its upgrading/improvement/innovation
Knowledge / Skills / Technical Competencies :
- Incumbent must demonstrate broad experience in Oil, Gas Brownfield and Greenfield facilities, preferably with EPCm contractors. Singapore experience in similar companies is preferred
- Demonstrated success in past project involvement and technical delivery of small to medium size projects
- Demonstrated success in organizing and managing reimbursable contract projects
- Experienced in estimation of resources and Project risk analyzing
- Knowledge of design/engineering activities
- Proven ability to influence and motivate others for continuous process improvement
- Knowledge of business application like MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and HR Online applications
Qualifications / Certifications
Possess degree/diploma in engineering / construction management or other relevant subject/discipline.
Registered engineer with valid Professional Engineering certification body
Project Management certification
Possess all necessary HSSE training & certification requirements according to local authorities