Job no: 492523
Word type: Contract
Location: China|Penglai Shandong Province
Advertised : 15 Feb 2019
Applications close : 30 Apr 2019
Chiyoda is currently hiring for our project fabrication yard in China, for a Pipe Rack Modules Lead.
This role reports to the Pipe Rack Module Manager and Yard Manager. Supervision exercised upon discipline supervisors and Subcontractors.
Core Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Supports Modules Managers.
- Assumes responsibility for supervision of construction activities to achieve project objectives, e.g. safety, quality, environment, schedule and cost
- Implements safety program and ensures safe working conditions. Ensures a clean work site by supervising a site clean-up at least once a week. Requests all personnel on site to participate.
- Supervises field construction activities through Discipline Supervisors, and coordinates their activities.
- Coordinates with Control Manager to obtain the status of costs and schedule, and coordinates with Material/Logistic Manager to obtain the status of materials.
- Coordinates with Field Engineering Manager to obtain technical information for construction.
- Supports Control Group as necessary for progress calculation and control and the monthly report.
- Provides insurance claim data, when necessary.
- Assures that work is within budget, plan and carry out efficiently in order to minimize waste.
- Promote to identify specific hazardous work which require risk assessments and work execution plans (work method statement)
- Promote concerned personnel and subcontractors to analyze all work and identify any risks with serious loss potential, and to establish work execution plans including risk control or reduction measures.
- Review and acknowledge the work execution plans which should incorporate adequate provisions for HSE requirements and risk control or reduction measures for all hazardous and/or harmful work.
- Promote to maintain housekeeping at the highest standard.
- Assist/support HSSE Manager to prepare the site security plan in coordination with Business Manager.
- Attend subcontractors’ daily tool box meeting.
Technical Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- Able to use MS-word, MS-Excel and 2D/3D-CAD viewer.
- Knowledge on steam cracking furnace equipment and construction
Behavioral Skills / Competencies
Support projects goal of “Nobody Gets Hurt” and the safety vision of “A Goal of Zero Incidents.”
Qualifications / Certifications
Preferred: Good command of written and spoken English interpersonal skills.
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience:
Minimum 7 years’ experiences in area superintendent or construction management in the construction industry for oil and gas processing, petrochemical or refinery process plant.