Job no: 492524
Word type: Contract
Location: China|Penglai Shandong Province
Advertised : 15 Feb 2019
Applications close : 30 Apr 2019
Chiyoda is currently hiring for our project fabrication yard in China, for a Lead Structure Supervisor.
This role reports to the Structural Lead Engineer, Construction Manager, Modules Managers, and Modules Leads. Supervision exercised upon Subcontractors.
Core Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Supervise Subcontractor to ensure quality and workmanship of construction and field testing activities are carried out in accordance with the relevant specifications/drawings, procedures, and construction/manning schedule.
- Understand the work demarcation and coordinate on daily activities with Subcontractor, Vendor, Client, other disciplines.
- Review detailed documents prepared by the Subcontractor including MS (Method Statement), JSA (Job Safety Analysis), and PTW (Permit to Work), and ensure that the Subcontractors follow the designated requirements and that these are in agreement with the JV and Client regulations implemented at the site.
- Request Subcontractors to prepare and submit detailed work procedure as required and review/approve the procedure in coordination with Modules Leads / Modules Managers / Construction Manager.
- Review Subcontractor’s manpower allocation for each work activity.
- Prepare and maintain weekly schedule for each work activity in compliance with monthly or Level-4 schedule agreed with Subcontractors.
- Monitor and expedite the construction progress to assure conformance to budget and construction schedule.
- Understand the construction method and verify construction through installation inspections, and manage and control the inspection schedule.
- Coordinate closely with the field engineers to minimize work problems, develop field changes, and obtain the necessary technical documents.
- Prepare detailed reports to Structural Lead Engineer for daily activities.
- Understand the specifications for materials utilized and ensure that such materials are supplied by approved manufacturers, and check/control material use and inventory at module yard.
- Ensure jobsite expenditures are maintained within the budgets established for the work assigned, and provide the Control Group with the information necessary for cost control.
- Coordinate, monitor, control, and expedite Punch Work.
- Ensure Subcontractor’s activities are in accordance with the implemented safety and quality regulations, and coordinate with HSE, QA/QC, and other disciplines and managers as necessary in order to take any corrective action.
Technical Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
Able to use MS-word, MS-Excel, 2D/3D-CAD viewer.
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience:
At least 5 years’ experience at a hydrocarbon processing plant construction site.
More than 7 years’ working as structure supervisor in the organization of main contractor.