Job no: 492535
Word type: Contract
Location: Qatar|Qatar - CAEL
Advertised : 04 Apr 2019
Applications close : 01 May 2019
Purpose: Incumbent is responsible to apply professional skills/ expertise to lead major component/equipment engineering, design activities, assist Discipline Group Leader to meet corporate goals, develop and deliver operational priorities Location: Doha Office with frequent visits to construction site based on business requirement. Assignment period: One year initially, may extend subject to project requirement.
Core Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Piping Stress analysis of Cryogenic and high temperature lines.
- Preparation of Critical line list
- Preparation of datasheets for special supports (Spring Hangers, Struts, Snubbers etc.)
- Nozzle loads checking w.r.t computer analysis.
- Provide loading information to Civil Structural
- Provide Pipe support information to Piping Layout Team
- Dynamic analysis response spectrum and FIV
- Special Pipe support design
- Special Engineering calculations
- Knowledge in Vibration Analysis and methods to mitigate vibration (AIV and FIV).
- Basic exposure of Vibration Assessments based on EI guideline and FFS Assessments.
- Preparation of Damper Datasheet and review Damper drawings.
- Conversant with Caesar II and Modules of Caesar II like API610, API661, Flange leakage check etc. Experience on Nozzle-pro and WRC 107.
- Stress Analysis of A/G and U/G pipeline.
- Stress Analysis of GRE/FRP piping.
- Design review of metallic and rubber expansion joints.
- Support weld joint strength calculations.
- Provide technical advice to Construction department explaining the requirements of design engineering specifications consistent with good construction practice
- Develop preliminary design, preparation of tender drawings, Man Hours, Bill of Material, Work Volume estimation, Pre-bid engineering, FEED, Detailed Engineering and interface with multiple engineering disciplines
- Develop, review detailed design calculations, engineering data sheets, specifications and troubleshooting of design issues
- Conduct engineering analysis and recommend technical solutions
- Assist in development of Engineering Work Metrics about Project Schedules
- Take ownership of Work Metrics, Schedules, Development Review and work towards continuous performance improvement
- Deputize Next Level Up during leave of absence
- Approve vendor documents, drawings, test procedure, certificates, operating manuals, design books, engineering data books in accordance with the project design specification and suggest recommendation
- Accountable for the job tasks accomplished by Engineers, Junior Engineers and Cadet Engineers.
- Assist up line management in development/implementation of objectives, standards, policies, procedures and guidelines in compliance with Quality Management System/Client requirements.
Technical Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- Broad experience in Oil, Gas, Brownfield and Greenfield facilities, preferably with EPCM contractors
- Experience of successful execution of small to medium size projects
- Knowledge of ASME, IEC Client General Standards, design codes and standards
- Ability to interpret Client specification related to engineering designs
- Knowledge of discipline specific software, techniques, equipment, procedures and materials
- Proven ability to influence and motivate others for continuous process improvement
- Knowledge of business application like MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Behavioral Skills / Competencies
- Effective Interpersonal Skills to lead, exceed internal and external stakeholder’s expectations
- Ability to lead effective meetings and negotiate terms to benefit of organization
- Ability to influence and motivate others for continuous work process improvement
- Ability to work towards continuous work process improvement.
- Effective at maintaining strategic commercial relationships to provide ongoing value for money.
Qualifications / Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Registered Engineer with valid Professional Engineering certification body as per the applicable law of Employer country
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience:
- 10 + years of work experience in oil and gas field with minimum 2 years of work experience in the position.