Chiyoda is now hiring a Construction Cost Estimator to work at the Chiyoda Global Headquarters (CGH) office in Yokohama, Japan. This is a one-year assignment expected to begin 01 April 2020, with possibility of extension.
To work within the Construction Department; apply professional skills and expertise including management skills to produce accurate estimates for the proposed work, identify cost related risks and to ensure adherence to Chiyoda processes, procedures and strategy for the pre-award subcontract inquiry bidding process with a focus on minimizing risk.
- Fully responsible for the preparation of accurate and complete bid estimates
- When instructed deputize for a Lead Construction Cost Estimator
- Monitor the Subcontract inquiry process in accordance with Chiyoda processes and procedures to obtain bona fide compliant bids from contractors capable of undertaking the work package(s) as subcontractors to Chiyoda
- Identify cost related risks and look for ways to reduce estimates whilst complying with bid requirements
- Liaise with Lead Subcontract Inquiry Engineers, Subcontract Inquiry Engineers and others as directed liaise with multi-discipline Engineers
- Ensure bid deadlines and client’s presentation requirements are met
- Work to directions and instructions issued by the Construction Planning Manager, Lead Construction Cost Estimator, Section Leader or Group Leader
- Degree or equivalent in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as an estimator for a major EPC Contractor in a senior role
- LNG plants experience is an added advantage
- In depth understanding of estimating methods and contractual mechanisms for EPC and subcontracting
- Ability to interpret and understand bid requirements and technical matters
- Excellent computer software literacy, using Microsoft Office Suite, Databases on a daily basis; highly proficient in the use of Excel
- Has a reasonable understanding of construction schedule, technical specifications and drawings, procedures, Bill of Quantities, QA/QC, HSSE, managing of subcontractors and subcontract documents
- Ability to proactively function with minimal supervision to achieve Chiyoda, JV goals whilst ensuring compliance with management directions
- Ability to coordinate and negotiate with others to achieve pre-determined outcomes
- A “people person” with the ability to listen and influence and inspire fellow workers in a non-confrontational manner to achieve best outcomes
- Communicate effectively with management and team members and to ensure a complete flow of required information
- Willingness to continuously strive to achieve Chiyoda’s Vision, Mission and Goals
- Excellent command of English language (spoken and written) is mandatory
- Ability to work successfully with people from different cultures, backgrounds and motives, and ensure, as far as possible, harmonious relations amongst all groups
- Apply high standards to own work and ensure work is submitted in a complete manner within required timeline
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate advice, comments and information
- Ability to draft clear, concise quantitative reports
- A flexible ‘can do’ attitude to work
- Has a sound knowledge of, and experience working under HSE requirements for brownfield and greenfield EPC contracts within a major contracting organization
To apply for this role:
Please click the "APPLY" icon and attach an English / Word format resume to your application.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
By registering for our job alert, you’ll get email notifications on new positions that are matched to the preferences you choose.