Chiyoda is currently hiring at a petrochemical project; this is located at the module yard in Penglai Shandong province in China. This role is expected to start as soon as possible until March 2021.
This role reports to the Assistant Project Manager and Yard Manager/Supply Manager. Supervision is exercised upon Material Team, YOC Project and MFY.
Core Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Understand project nature, contract with MFY and project schedule
- Good communication with YOC, procurement/logistics team
- Review relevant section of MFY Weekly/Monthly report and highlight topics if necessary
- Manage on-time FIM supply and support MFY supply material delivery
- Supervise customs clearance, CIQ inspection as well as local transit for project materials (FIM, MFY supplied material)
- Responsible for exporting clearance of fabricated modules and ship-loose materials
- Supervise MFY to deliver shipping dossier
- Review MFY procedures and support improving them if necessary. Maintain MFY to follow procedures
- Supervise MFY of material receiving and preservation practice.
- Review OS&D report to advise YOC/MFY of counter measure, liaising with subcontract manager to secure budget/claims.
- Plan / Review MFY storage/laydown space status report and supervise MFY to prevent material loss and storage area shortage.
- Supervise MFY to maintain good inventory control.
- Maintain FIM inventory check (material matching exercise)
- Maintain Ship-loose items list and information to support Site team
- Plan / manage requesting YOC/MFY to procure material in case of material shortage/damage
- Maintain the latest FIM delivery date to track PSR. Plan counter measure with YOC in case FIM late delivery is forecasted
FIM: Free Issue Material; CRD: Construction Required Date; MFY: Module Fabrication Yard; YOC: Yokohama Operation Centre
Technical Knowledge / Skills / Competencies:
- Material Management at Module Fabrication Yard
- SP Mat and Corporate Material Management System
Behavioral Skills / Competencies:
- Open, honest and proactive
- Supportive to Material Manager and MFY team
Qualifications / Certifications Preferred:
Diploma or equivalent practical knowledge in logistics.
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience:
More than 10 years’ experience in material management in Oil/Gas industry, module projects.
HSE Requirements for the Position:
Good understanding of HSE
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
By registering for our job alert, you’ll get email notifications on new positions that are matched to the preferences you choose.