Chiyoda is now hiring a Lead Piping Engineer to work at the Chiyoda Global Headquarters (CGH) office in Yokohama, Japan with visits to other project satellite office, construction site as per business requirement.
- Responsible for the overall execution and control on piping engineering and piping construction for assigned projects.
- Establish a piping engineering execution plan in compliance with project execution plan, specification and procedures, department procedures.
- Organize and manage all aspects of the workload of a team of piping discipline engineers and designers and construction supervisors, within the parameters of a project schedule.
- Lead the piping design works and construction works based on the project schedule, scope and budget. To manage engineering and construction information in/out and finalize it along the project schedule.
- Conduct progress control, MH monitoring and reporting to management for piping engineering job execution.
- Lead all piping engineering related design review meetings such as deliverable review meeting, 3D model review.
- Control piping material quantity and construction work volume for piping. Monitor and report change in quantities based on management of change procedure.
- Conduct training and orientation for engineers and designers regarding various piping design activities in accordance with Department Training Plan.
- Conduct training and orientation for construction supervisors and line checkers regarding various piping construction activities in accordance with Project Specification.
- Assists Section Leader about the department operation when required.
- Compliance to Chiyoda Information Security Management System, Quality Management System and other good business ethics.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field
- 15 years for piping engineering of Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Environmental and New energies industries including experiences for plot plan engineering.
- Knowledge of engineering design codes (e.g. ASME, ASTM), specifications and latest piping design and analytical techniques and software is essential.
- Knowledge and skills of IT tools like MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Navisworks and preferably PDMS/E3D, SP-3D, Caesar II, AutoPIPE, MS Access.
- Comprehensive knowledge of piping engineering activities, deliverables and work flow related to, such as, Pipe Routing Study, Piping Standard Drawings, Service Class, Line List, MTO, 3D Model Reviews, Loading Data, Nozzle Orientation Drawings, General Assembly Drawings, Isometric Drawings, Special Pipe Support Drawings.
- Comprehensive knowledge of piping construction activities, workflow and construction work volume assessment.
- Fluent in English in speaking, reading and writing.
- Coaching and developing team members.
- Capable to coordinate with both internal and external stakeholders involved in project and corporate organization.
- Ability to lead effective meetings and negotiate terms to benefit of organization.
- Ability to influence and motivate related work groups for continuous work process improvement.
- Be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyze problems and provide focused solutions to assigned projects.
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety and environment responsibility.
To apply for this role:
Please click the "APPLY" icon and attach an English / Word format resume to your application.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
By registering for our job alert, you’ll get email notifications on new positions that are matched to the preferences you choose.