Chiyoda is now hiring a Lead Process Control and Instrumentation Engineer to work at the Chiyoda Global Headquarters (CGH) office in Yokohama, Japan with visits to other project satellite office, construction site as per business requirement.
- Understand and Execute based on Quality Control Manual and Procedure of Instrument and Control Department of Chiyoda Corporation.
- Provide technical expertise from Process Control and Instrumentation perspective, in Planning, Engineering and Design, Inspection and Testing.
- Provide technical expertise in Correspondence, Coordination, Management and Reporting within internal and external organization.
- Establish a scope of work with understanding contractual (technical, cost and schedule) and project requirement.
- Continuously and/or periodically assess obligation based on scope of work if the obligation is reasonable and practical.
- Detect potential Changes and gather supporting technical information and evidences to justify CONTRACTOR’s assertion and establishes logics to get the Change approved in line with CONTRACTOR’s intention.
- Lead and Manage organization under project, and monitor performance of the organization. Support performance evaluation in Instrument and Control department if required.
- Monitor and evaluate Vendors’ and Subcontractors’ performance, and support to establish strategy from technical perspective if any commercial claim(s) need to be considered.
- Coach and supervise the organization in developing a positive and fair attitude towards meeting the contractual obligations.
- Identify potential areas for improvement in the organization and/or Instrument and Control Department, and propose plan for the improvement.
- Report lessons and learned and others to General Manager / Section Leader of Instrument and Control Department in Chiyoda Corporation as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
1) Registered engineer with valid Professional Engineering certification body
2) Registered engineer as Functional Safety by TUV
3) Master’s Degree
- Minimum 10+ years of work experience in oil and gas field with minimum 5 years of work experience as Lead Instrument and Control Engineer or lead of technical aspect such as field instrument, control system etc. in large scale of project.
- Incumbent must demonstrate Process Control and Instrumentation experience.
- Knowledge of field instrumentation and installation such as control valve, analyzer, transmitter including flow level pressure temperature instrument and construction.
- Knowledge of information and control system such as process control system, safety instrumented system, fire and gas system, programmable logic controller, historian and operation and maintenance management system.
- Knowledge of Engineering Workshop such as HAZOP, SIL study, Alarm Rationalization and Human Factor, Construction Design Review workshop, etc.
- Capable to prepare and review Process Control and Instrumentation deliverable such as specification, technical index, datasheet, narrative, diagram and drawing.
- Knowledge of engineering database like SmartPlant Instrumentation/Hexagon, business application like MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access).
- Familiar with international best practice in process control and instrumentation.
- Fluent in English in speaking, reading and writing.
- Coaching and developing team members.
- Effective Interpersonal Skills to lead, exceed internal and external stakeholders’ expectations.
- Ability to lead effective meetings and negotiate terms to benefit of organization.
- Ability to influence and motivate related work groups for continuous work process improvement.
- Effective and Positive at trying technology including software application to improve work process and provide value for organization.
- Ability to deliver best return on investment by managing resources and maximizing the use of assets.
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety and environment responsibility.
To apply for this role:
Please click the "APPLY" icon and attach an English / Word format resume to your application.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
By registering for our job alert, you’ll get email notifications on new positions that are matched to the preferences you choose.