Chiyoda is now hiring a Lead Electrical System Engineer to work at the Chiyoda Global Headquarters (CGH) office in Yokohama, Japan with visits to other project satellite office, construction site as per business requirement.
- Overall electrical engineering and design of individual project assigned as lead engineer
- Electrical Execution Plan for Individual Project
- Verification of contract requirement related electrical engineering and design
- Correspondence with Company, vendor, subcontractor, project team and the related disciplines including procurement and construction
- Review and management of engineering document and design drawings prepared by engineers assigned for the project
- Procurement support engineering to purchase electrical equipment and materials (Requisition, specification, Technical bid evaluation, clarification, etc.)
- Review and management of the vendor documents
- Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) of purchased equipment/materials
- Management of bill of quantity (BOQ) and bill of materials (BOM) within budget
- Management of engineering man-hour of all team members within budget
- Management of the record for electrical engineering and design
- Preparation of Lessons and Learnt (LL)
- Reporting to engineering supervisor / manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Preferred :
1) Registered engineer with valid Professional Engineering certification body
2) Master’s Degree
- Preferred 10+ years’ work experience of electrical engineering in oil, gas, petrochemical and power fields as main contractor.
- Reasonable speaking and writing ability in English
- Knowledge of electrical engineering principle
- Knowledge of electrical equipment and materials including typical vendor products
- Familiar with major international codes and standards (IEC, ANSI/NEMA, API, etc.)
- Familiar with international specifications of electrical engineering and design (IOC, NOC)
- Ability to understand and produce electrical engineering documents and drawings such as one line diagram, block diagram, sequence / schematic diagram, electrical installation drawings and so on.
- Ability to control, lead, coordinate, negotiate, expedite vendor’s work execution
- Ability to coordinate with team members and project stakeholders including vendors and subcontractors.
- Knowledge of business application like MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, etc.
- Fluent in English in speaking, reading and writing
- Behavioral Skills / Competencies (Limit to the top 10 maximum)
- Effective interpersonal skills to lead team members and stakeholders as one team
- Effective interpersonal skill to communicate with client
- Ability to manage engineering and design execution
- Ability to make engineering schedule and personnel assignment
- Ability to lead effective meeting
- Ability to influence and motivate team members for work process improvement
- Flexibility to adapt to change
- HSE conscious
- Ability to understand and comply with the Corporate HSE policy and Project HSE policy.
To apply for this role:
Please click the "APPLY" icon and attach an English / Word format resume to your application.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
By registering for our job alert, you’ll get email notifications on new positions that are matched to the preferences you choose.