Chiyoda is now hiring a Lead Contract Engineer to work at the Chiyoda Global Headquarters (CGH) office in Yokohama, Japan with visits to other project satellite office, construction site as per business requirement.
- Establish a contract management program, which includes contract management responsibilities and required actions / notices
- Support the Project Director and Deputy Project Director for the management of all Contractual correspondence and exchanges with COMPANY
- Establish a contractual Management of Change procedure in coordination with the Project Controls & Risks Manager
- Detect potential Changes and gather supporting documents and evidences to justify CONTRACTOR’s assertion and establishes logics to get the Change approved in line with CONTRACTOR’s intention
- Support the negotiation with COMPANY of the Changes, when necessary
- Ensure that wherever applicable, the Subcontracts and Purchase Orders contain appropriate flow-down of the AGREEMENT requirements and its terms, throughout the project duration
- Support the Subcontracting Manager to monitor Subcontractors’ claims and detect potential claims from Subcontractors and establish strategy to quantify the claims so as to avoid exposure
- Assist the Project Director, Deputy Project Director and the Project Controls & Risks Manager in all matters related to contractual risk mitigation vis-à-vis all the parties involved in the PROJECT
- Ensure the indoctrination of the project team in developing a positive and fair attitude towards meeting the contractual obligations
- Support the Project Controls & Risks Manager and Cost Control Manager for identification and preparation of Change Orders.
- Prepare letters to COMPANY for contract and commercial matters.
- Coordinate with persons in charge in project organization and prepare a proposal to Mangers.
- Report lessons and learned and others to Section Leader of Contract Management Sec. in Chiyoda Corporation as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- Preferred :
- Registered engineer with valid Professional Engineering certification body
- Master’s Degree
- MBA certificate
- Minimum 10+ years of work experience in oil and gas field with minimum 5 years of work experience in contacting work with client (IOC. NOC) / subcontract work for construction.
- Incumbent must demonstrate contract and construction subcontract management experience in planning, execution and completion.
- Capable to coordinate with both internal and external stakeholders involved in project and corporate organization.
- Ability to influence and motivate others for continuous process improvement
- Familiar with international best practice in risk and contract management.
- Knowledge of business application like MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel including IT literacy.
- Fluent in English in speaking, reading and writing.
- Coaching and developing team members
- Effective Interpersonal Skills to lead, exceed internal and external stakeholders expectations
- Ability to lead effective meetings and negotiate terms to benefit of organization
- Ability to influence and motivate related work groups for continuous work process improvement
- Effective at maintaining strategic commercial relationships to provide ongoing value for money
- Ability to deliver best return on investment by managing resources and maximizing the use of assets
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety and environment responsibility
To apply for this role:
Please click the "APPLY" icon and attach an English / Word format resume to your application.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
By registering for our job alert, you’ll get email notifications on new positions that are matched to the preferences you choose.