Chiyoda is now hiring a Senior Process Engineer to work at the Chiyoda Global Headquarters (CGH) office in Yokohama, Japan with visits to other project satellite office, construction site as per business requirement.
- Basic design of process and utility units including process simulations, heat & material balance calculations, process flow development, control scheme preparation, preliminary material selection, etc.
- Detail process engineering including equipment sizing, process data sheet preparation, hydraulic calculation, relief load calculations, safety valve sizing, cause & effect diagram preparation, P&ID development support, safety related study and document preparation, process data for other disciplines design, etc.
- Provide the above engineering deliverables with accuracy, meeting project requirement, the associated code& standards and the local regulation.
- Perform process engineering, on top of above shown, including, but not limited to shown below, in case of assigned as Lead engineer
- Schedule monitoring and control by detail engineering schedule.
- Man-hour monitoring and control.
- Communicate with client, project teams and other discipline members.
- Provide proper guidance to subordinate engineer and review deliverables.
- Execute activities along with design procedure and execution procedure.
- Cooperate with group companies’ engineers to optimize project execution.
- Provide clear report as necessary to project and/or GM/SL/Supervisors.
- Prepare Lessons & Learned after assigned projects.
- Participate process related meetings including process design review, safety design review, start-up, process performance test, etc.
- Contribute to the growth of the organization by accumulating new technical information from licensor, vendor, other organizations, etc.
- Educate subordinates or youth engineers through day-to-day operations.
- Bachelor of Engineering or Science (Chemical Engineering is preferable)
- At least 5 years in execution of process design in plant engineering industry or plant operating company.
- Process engineering skill and knowledge for Hydrocarbon Processing, etc.
- Familiar with process simulation / hydraulic / heat exchanger rating software such as HYSYS, PRO II, HTRI, FLARENET, etc. to execute various process calculations.
- Familiar with Engineering standards such as API, ASME, etc.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with team members.
- Participate actively in assigned teams and delivers appropriate deliverables.
- Apply high standards to own work and ensure work i in a complete manner within required timeline.
- Take initiative to clarify doubts with lead engineer and other engineering disciplines.
- Capable for communication in English and Japanese (JLPT N2 or equivalent)
- Medical Fit for Duty, Police clearance, passion for Process Engineering
To apply for this role:
Please click the "APPLY" icon and attach an English / Word format resume to your application.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
By registering for our job alert, you’ll get email notifications on new positions that are matched to the preferences you choose.