Chiyoda is now hiring a Senior Civil and Structural Engineer to work at the Chiyoda Global Headquarters (CGH) office in Yokohama, Japan with visits to construction site, fabrication yard as per business requirement.
- Understand Client’s requirements and perform consistent Engineering and Design according to the project specificities and procedures
- Lead staff engineers in his or her group to execute the project
- Manage Engineering subcontractors to meet schedule / quality / cost requirements
- Responsible for technical matters, procedures, engineering/design deliverables and schedule/quality compliance
- Prepare reports on job progress/status on the assigned project.
- Carry out technical bid evaluations of vendors/subcontractors to ensure that quality and requirements are met.
- Clear and solve engineering issues.
- Identifying areas of concern during the course of any project and proactively take necessary corrective action
- Knowledge about Civil and/or Structural Engineering
- Knowledge about international design code of Civil / Structural element, such as ACI, ASCE, AISC.
- Knowledge about oil & gas industrial practice
- Experienced with industrial facility, such as oil & gas, petrochemical, chemical plant, power station etc.
- Minimum 7 years experience in Civil and/or Structural Engineering
- Has knowledge and skills on Civil and/or Structural Engineering
- Knowledge, understanding and correct interpretation for Civil and/or Structure technical specifications, drawings, code and standards.
- Has understanding of EPC schedule and prepare detailed engineering schedule
- Has knowledge and skills to deal with Vendor/Material Supplier/Fabricator, to prepare requisition, review and evaluate proposal
- Has communication skills for coordination with other disciplines engineers (such as mechanical, process, E&I), Vendor’s engineer
- Communicate effectively with team members and to ensure a complete flow of required information.
- Has a sound knowledge of safety issues relevant to the International companies and project operations.
- Adhere to company and project specific Health, Safety and Environmental Plans and Procedures.
- Adhere to company and project specific quality management systems and procedures relevant to the role.
- Continuously strive to achieve Company’s Vision, Mission and Goals.
- Excellent command of English language (spoken and written) is mandatory.
- All Engineers must adhere to company and project specific Health, Safety and Environmental Plans and Procedures.
To apply for this role:
Please click the "APPLY" icon and attach an English / Word format resume to your application.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
By registering for our job alert, you’ll get email notifications on new positions that are matched to the preferences you choose.