Chiyoda is now hiring a Senior Process Engineer to work at the Chiyoda Global Headquarters (CGH) office in Yokohama, Japan, having a chance of visiting to satellite office as per requirement.
He/She has capabilities to lead a process team to execute engineering activities using process engineering expertise, keep quality and schedule, and manage interface with inside and outside of Chiyoda.
- Responsible for execution and control process engineering activities for assigned project
- Organize and manage all process engineering works in a team
- Lead and perform process engineering as lead engineer for specific process unit or system, but not limited to followings;
- Basic design of process and utility units including process simulations, heat & material balance calculations, process flow development, control scheme preparation, material selection, etc.
- Detail process engineering including equipment sizing, process data sheet preparation, hydraulic calculation, relief load calculations, safety valve sizing, cause & effect diagram preparation, P&ID development, safety related study and document preparation, process data for other disciplines design work, etc.
- Develop the above engineering deliverables with meeting project quality requirement and complying international code& standards and the local regulation.
- Communicate with client, project teams and other discipline members.
- Provide proper guidance to subordinate engineer and review deliverables.
- Execute activities along with design procedure and execution procedure.
- Cooperate with group companies’ engineers to optimize project execution.
- Provide clear report as necessary to project and/or GM/SL/Supervisors.
- Prepare Lessons & Learned in assigned project.
- Participate process related meetings including process design review, safety design review, start-up, process performance test, etc.
- Educate subordinates or youth engineers through day by day operations
- Assists Section Leader about the department operation when required.
- Compliance to Chiyoda Information Security Management System and other good business ethics.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related field
- Preferably able to communicate in both Japanese and English (JLPT N2 or equivalent)
- At least 7 years of process engineering experience (assuming 2~3 job experiences) in oil and gas industry or plant operating company.
- Process engineering skill and knowledge for Liquefied Natural Gas, Hydrocarbon Processing, etc.
- Knowledge and operation skill for process simulation / hydraulic / heat exchanger rating software such as HYSYS, PRO II, HTRI, Aspen Flare System Analyzer, Flaresim, Fathom etc. to execute various process calculations.
- Knowledge of international design code and standards such as API, ASME, etc.
- Coaching and developing team members with communication clearly and concisely.
- Capable of coordinating with both internal and external stakeholders involved in project and corporate organization.
- Ability to lead effective meetings and negotiate terms for the benefit of organization.
- Ability to influence and motivate related work groups for continuous work process improvement.
- Be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyze problems and provide focused solutions to assigned projects.
- Take initiative to clarify doubts with lead engineer and other engineering disciplines.
- Participate actively in assigned teams and delivers appropriate deliverables.
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety and environment responsibility.
To apply for this role:
Please click the "APPLY" icon and attach an English / Word format resume to your application.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
By registering for our job alert, you’ll get email notifications on new positions that are matched to the preferences you choose.