Chiyoda is now hiring a Lead Engineer for Construction Data Management to work at the Chiyoda Global Headquarters (CGH) office in Yokohama, Japan, and business trips to various locations such as site location.
Work within the Construction and Data Management Department; apply professional skills and expertise to including management skills to successfully and securely monitor, summarize and analyze Construction Site Data using IT systems and Site reports etc. for a project including leading a team of Construction Data Management Engineers to ensure compliance with Chiyoda and project standards and requirements.
- Fully responsible for the secure and successful performance for Constuction Data Management with the analysis works as well as integration of all related IT systems required by the management
- Determine and periodically review and the data management work flow with the IT requirements for the project with reference to management direction, Chiyoda and JV systems and procedures, project specifications and industry best practice
- Prepare a Construction Data Management Procedure as well as an IT Plan for the project
- Advise on and establish the data management organisation for the project
- Instigate performance measurement and monitoring systems to ensure the IT system is maintained at a high level of performance
- Monitor and report on the usage of the IT systems and advise on requirements to overcome any shortfalls in performance
- Design and implement back-up systems and defence mechanisms to ensure data is stored safely and securely and can only be accessed by authorised personnel
- Provision of operation manuals, procedures, workflows and training for the use of IT systems and the data management
- Work to directions and instructions issued by the Deparment Manager or Group Leader
- BS Diploma in related field or equivalent experience.
- Preferably training and certification in IT infrastructure and software systems
- Minimum 10 years experiences working for a major international Contractor in the oil and gas industry.
- Management skills in leading teams and team building skills to successfully achieve goals set down by management
- In depth understanding of proprietary IT systems and software and how they are used for the management of EPC contracts
- Ability to understand and determine IT requirements for a project particularly related to data access and storage and project monitoring systems
- Sound understanding of computer networking and infrastructure systems including cyber security requirements
- Excellent computer software literacy, using Microsoft Office Suite, Databases on a daily basis; highly proficient in the use of 2D/3D CAD, SmartPlant and other similar software
- Has a reasonable understanding of construction schedule and sequencing of work activities, technical specifications and drawings, procedures, Bill of Quantities, QA/QC, HSSE, managing of subcontractors and subcontract documents
- Ability to proactively function with minimal supervision to achieve Chiyoda, JV goals whilst ensuring compliance with management directions
- A “people person” with the ability to listen and successfully direct, manage, supervise, mentor, influence and inspire those being supervised in a non-confrontational manner to achieve best outcomes
- Communicate effectively with management and team members and to ensure a complete flow of required information
- Willingness to continuously strive to achieve Company’s Vision, Mission and Goals
- Excellent command of English language (spoken and written) is mandatory
- Ability to work successfully with people from different cultures, backgrounds and motives, and ensure, as far as possible, harmonious relations amongst all groups
- Apply high standards to own work and ensure work is submitted in a complete manner within required timeline
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate advice, comments and information
- A flexible ‘can do’ attitude to work
- Has a sound knowledge of, and experience working under HSE requirements in the oil and gas industry.
To apply for this role:
Please click the "APPLY" icon and attach an English / Word format resume to your application.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
By registering for our job alert, you’ll get email notifications on new positions that are matched to the preferences you choose.