Chiyoda is now hiring a Lead Combustion Equipment Engineer to work at the Chiyoda Global Headquarters (CGH) office in Yokohama, Japan, and business trips to various locations such as site location.
Under specific project, responsible for leading all technical matters/issues and managing team operation for execution of Combustion equipment engineering.
- Perform Combustion equipment engineering work for various types of project (FS, FEED, Estimation, EPC), i.e.
- Review & understand ITB (Instruction To Bid) documents, contract documents
- Prepare engineering deliverables (equipment data sheet, technical bid evaluations, project specifications, project procedures, engineering studies, and so on)
- Prepare inquiry documents (material requisitions)
- Conduct pre-order technical clarification with vendors
- Prepare report for budget / actual & forecast control of equipment cost, engineering man-hours, construction work volume, shipping volume and so on
- Review vendor drawings and documents
- Organize and participate in design review meeting with vendors
- Coordinate interface with all engineering disciplines
- Coordinate with clients about engineering matters to achieve client satisfaction
- Participate in engineering review workshop (3D model review, HAZOP, SIL, and so on)
- Participate in vendor shop inspections & tests
- Coordinate with procurement team for equipment procurement work, vendor’s progress monitoring, quality control
- Prepare field related procedures (installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning, operation, and so on)
- Support for field engineering and construction work
- Perform trouble shooting
- In addition to performing work defined in above #1, manage team operation for Combustion equipment engineering work in case assigned as Lead Engineer
- Assign work to each of team members and adjust as necessary
- Monitor load, progress and quality of engineering work of team & individuals and take necessary measures to maintain planned schedule, quality and budget
- Monitor, forecast and report engineering man-hours to be within budget
- Lead resolution of all technical & executional issues/matters
- Review and correct deliverables & outputs prepared by team members
- Provide timely report on critical engineering/executional issues to supervisors with information sufficient for decision making
- Establish good relationship with all external/internal parties
- Provide proper instructions, guidelines and coaching to all team members
- Lead technical negotiation with clients, vendors and partners on change in design
- 10 years working experience as a Combustion equipment engineer in organization of mechanical discipline of EPC contractor for oil & gas sector
- Preferred :
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Able to engage in effective communication with both Project/Vendor and Client personnel
- Knowledge on international codes & standards (APIs, ASME, ASTM and so on), major oil company’s specifications
- Knowledge on workflow, procedures, methodologies of equipment engineering work
- Knowledge on vendors/suppliers of various types of equipment utilized for oil & gas facilities
- Skills to lead the meeting/workshop to achieve intended goals/targets
- Skills to utilize engineering tools and software
- Cooperative with all members of external and internal parties involved for project
- Proactive for problem prevention and trouble shooting
- Fairness and good faith to establish good relationship with all team members
- Ability to make good atmosphere to establish one team operation
- Ability to motivate all team members aiming to common goals/targets
- Competent communication skills working in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to understand and comply with the Corporate HSE Policy and Project HSE Policy
To apply for this role:
Please click the "APPLY" icon and attach an English / Word format resume to your application.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
By registering for our job alert, you’ll get email notifications on new positions that are matched to the preferences you choose.