Job no: 492501
Word type: Contract
Advertised : 19 Nov 2018
Applications close : 31 Dec 2018
This is an expression of interest for a Yokohama-based contract position.
This is an expression of interest. In view of work load forecasts, Chiyoda is looking for a Senior Civil Marine Engineer. The role would be based at Chiyoda Global Headquarters (CGH) office in Yokohama, Japan. If this is something that interests you, please click the "APPLY" button to begin your application.
This position reports directly to the Lead Civil/Structure/Marine Engineer and supervises Designers and Draftsmen.
Core Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Understand Client’s requirements and perform consistent design according to the project specifications and procedures, under Section Leader.
- Responsible for technical matters, procedures, design deliverables and schedule compliance.
- Ensure consideration of past lessons learned and prepare reports on job progress/status on the assigned project.
- Perform Technical Bid Evaluations (TBE) of vendors/subcontractors to ensure that quality and requirements are met.
- Clear and solve engineering issues at home office and/or site.
- Identify “Areas of Concern” during the course of any project to Lead Civil/Structure engineer and/or Section Leader while proposing necessary corrective action.
Technical Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- Knowledge, understanding and correct interpretation for Civil/Marine technical specifications, drawings, code and standards.
- Has basic knowledge of planning / engineering for the marine facilities (e.g. jetty, wharf, seawater intake/outfall etc.) and actual experience of marine-related engineering and construction by utilizing the marine engineering consultants and / or marine construction subcontractor.
- Has understanding of EPC schedule and prepare detailed engineering schedule.
- Has sense of urgency and ability to adapt quickly to Client’s change of requirements.
- Has knowledge and skills of geotechnical engineering and / or other engineering analysis for the marine specific study and simulation
- Has knowledge and skills of steel/concrete structures design using the software, STAAD Pro. Etc.
- Has communication skills for coordination with Client engineer, project engineers and other disciplines engineers.
Behavioral Skills / Competencies
- Communicate effectively with team members and to ensure a complete flow of required information.
- Has a sound knowledge of safety issues relevant to the International companies and project operations.
- Adhere to Company and project specific Health, Safety and Environmental Plans and Procedures.
- Adhere to Company and project specific quality management systems and procedures relevant to the role.
- Continuously strive to achieve Company’s Vision, Mission and Goals.
- Excellent command of English language (spoken and written) is mandatory.
Qualifications / Certifications
- Professional Engineer (PE) or equivalent.
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience:
- Minimum 15 years’ engineering experience for Oil and Gas processing, petrochemical or refinery process plants.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working for a major EPC Contract / projects and in a similar position.
HSE Requirements for the Position:
All Engineers must adhere to Company and project specific Health, Safety and Environmental Plans and Procedures.