Job no: 492520
Word type: Contract
Advertised : 14 Jan 2019
Applications close : 30 Apr 2019
This is a contract position based in Yokohama, Japan from June 2019 to December 2020.
Chiyoda is currently looking for a Lead Expeditor to be based at the Chiyoda Global Headquarters (CGH) in Yokohama, Japan. This is a contract role expected to begin in June 2019 and end December 2020.
This role reports directly to the Material Management Section Expediting Group Manager, and supervises Expeditors. Requires a minimum of 3 years’ experience as Expeditor or equivalent role, and 5 years’ experience as a leader of a team.
Core Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Monitors and expedites the overall status of equipment & materials ordered including the status of drawing submission/return, sub-order and fabrication in order to maintain the contractual delivery dates. Following actions are included;
- Monitor and grasp current status and forecast of all the project procurement materials and services until shipment, by direct contact with Vendor.
- Supervise Shop Expeditors to achieve timely delivery of materials, drawings and electronic data in accordance with established project schedule.
- Coordinate with internal disciplines related with procurement activities to achieve timely delivery:
- Coordinate to provide delivery status information to concerned parties who need such delivery status to perform their duties
- Detect potential cause of delay and also establish counter plan to remove such potential cause and also establish improvement plan for already happened delay depending on the delivery criticality of the relevant material
- Coordinate interface with related functions of procurement
- Addition to above, Representative of Expeditors for a project, who will act as the interface between the Project Team and the Expeditors
Technical Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- To have the background of design and/or fabrication of static equipment, package equipment and rotating equipment and/or bulk materials (piping, instrument, electrical)
- To have the experience of expeditor for static equipment, package equipment and rotating equipment and/or bulk materials (piping, instrument, electrical)
- Competent computer skills using Standard MS software, and databases.
- Good command of written and spoken English and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate advice, comments and information.
Behavioral Skills / Competencies
- Has the professional and personal stature to interface with a wide variety of contacts, including line management, vendors, and other professionals.
- Ability to work successfully with people from different cultures, background and motives and ensures, as far as possible, harmonious relations amongst all groups.
- Apply high standards to own work and ensure work is submitted in a complete manner within required timeline.