Job no: 492527
Word type: Permanent
Location: Singapore|Chiyoda Singapore (PTE.) Limited
Advertised : 01 Feb 2019
Applications close : 30 Apr 2019
This is a permanent position based at Chiyoda Singapore (Pte.) Limited.
This role reports to the Construction Planning Manager, Construction Manager, and Department Manager. Supervision is exercised upon Construction Coordinator/Supervisor.
Core Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- To conduct site survey and propose construction methodology including Subcontracting strategy, Equipment/manpower routing & logistical planning
- To Conduct Constructability study for heavy and Critical equipment transportation/erection/installation
- To Conduct constructability workshop
- To review and conduct Construction Risk Analysis
- Prepare Construction Requisition & TBE for Scaffolding, Equipment installation , Temporary Facilities including estimation
- To propose Construction Strategy and Planning including Temporary Site Facilities
- To prepare documents, procedures and method statement for construction related activities
- To liaise with relevant construction contractor to entailed the work activity & execution during tender and Project execution stage
- To assist in setting up the construction planning documentation for Tender and Project
- Execution stage
- To prepare Project schedule utilizing primavera P6 or latest version for Tender stage including EPC/EPCm Preliminary stage
- To Coordinate construction Planning activity between Client, Engineering discipline and
- Implementation/subcontractor contractor
- To prepare Resource estimation for the construction management
- To review Construction requisition prepared By Engineering discipline
- To Prepare Construction manpower and equipment planning (Direct & Indirect manning) and cost
- To Prepare construction execution and expediting plan
- To assist in troubleshooting the bottle neck between Construction and Engineering group in
- order to achieve target schedule
- To monitor Construction expenses/cost against planning
Technical Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- Possess knowledge of all phases of construction including work commonly done by the various construction disciplines.
- Ability to travel to different job sites within a designated geographical area.
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 or latest version
- Able to operate AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Project Management, preferable
Behavioral Skills / Competencies
- Communicate effectively with project team and construction team member and establish construction method and risk assessment.
- Lead the team member and coordinate with others to develop and conduct a presentation of constructability study.
- Have a good communication and interpersonal skill and ability to effectively communicate with management, subcontractors, customers and peer group.
- Possess good teamwork skills by being good team player and be able to work in harmony with others.
Qualifications / Certifications
Preferred : Bachelor degree/Diploma in any engineering discipline
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience: 6 years of experience in Oil & Gas, Petrochemical Industry/Plant/Terminal and/or at least 3 years of experience as a construction planning engineer