Job no: 492552
Word type: Permanent
Location: Qatar|Qatar - CAEL
Advertised : 22 May 2019
Applications close : 01 Jul 2019
Incumbent is responsible to apply professional skills/ expertise to lead major component/equipment engineering, design activities, assist Discipline Group Leader to meet corporate goals, develop and deliver operational priorities Location: Doha Office with visits to construction site as per business requirement
Core Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Develop Design Engineering Procedures, Project Execution Plan for Engineering, Change Requests, Work Schedules, Engineering Documents (drawings, specifications, requisitions), Workforce Plan and Department Budget
- Contribute in Proposals Meetings, Project Execution Plan Meeting, Project Progress Meeting, Client Meetings, Sub-Contractor Meetings and Quality Assurance Meeting
- Develop preliminary design, preparation of tender drawings, Man Hours, Bill of Material, Work Volume estimation, Pre-bid engineering, FEED, Detailed Engineering and interface with multiple engineering disciplines.
- Develop Engineering Work Metrics in reference to Project Schedules. Conduct engineering analysis and recommend technical solutions.
- Approve vendor documents, drawings, test procedure, certificates, operating manuals, design books, engineering data books in accordance with the project design specification and suggest recommendation.
- Assist Discipline Group Leader in reviewing, approving engineering documents, drawings, specifications and requisitions.
- Interpret designs, drawings, specifications and provide technical advice to Construction.
- Department, QA/QC Department. Explain requirements of engineering and design specifications consistent with good construction practice.
- Verify job tasks of discipline Engineers, Junior Engineers, Designers and Administrators.
- Deputize Group Leader in end to end work process management. Assist up line management in development/implementation of objectives, standards, policies, procedures and guidelines in compliance with Quality Management System/Client requirements.
Technical Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- Broad experience in Oil, Gas, Brownfield and Greenfield facilities, preferably with EPCM contractors
- Experience of successful execution of small to medium size projects
- Knowledge of ASME, IEC Client General Standards, design codes and standards
- Ability to interpret Client specification related to engineering designs
- Knowledge of discipline specific software, techniques, equipment, procedures and materials
- Experienced in estimation of resources and Project risk analyzing. Cost optimization, cost control ability to suggest options that are in best interest of the Company
- Familiar with IEC, ASME, Qatar Gas , & Qatar petroleum General Standards (GS), design codes, standards, oil, gas industry construction practices and project management skills
- Well conversant with project planning and capable of using a planning package.
- Knowledge of business application like MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and HR Online applications
Behavioral Skills / Competencies
- Interpersonal Skills to lead, exceed internal and external stakeholders expectations
- Coach and develop employees
- Ability to lead effective meetings and negotiate terms to benefit of organization
- Ability to influence and motivate related work groups for continuous work process improvement
- Effective at maintaining strategic commercial relationships to provide ongoing value for money.
- Ability to deliver best return on investment by managing resources and maximizing the use of assets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- Registered engineer with valid Professional Engineering certification body as per the applicable law of Employer country
- Master’s Degree
- Chartered Engineer
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience:
- 15+ years of work experience in oil and gas field with minimum 2 years of work experience in the position. The requirement may differ based on Client specification
HSE Requirements for the Position:
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety and environment responsibility